Marks & Spencer today reveals the first details of its new store, which is set to open at Wolstanton Retail Park in Stoke on Wednesday 19th November, bringing up to 250 jobs to the region.
The 140,000 sq ft store will feature one of the biggest Homeware departments in the region and will give customers even more choice across Fashion, Beauty and Food, as well as a new Bakery. A 200-seat M&S Café will also use local crockery sourced from The Potteries.
As part of the store’s Plan A commitments to work closely with local communities, M&S Wolstanton Retail Park will also feature M&S’s first community room, which will be available to members of the public to use for conferences and meetings. The store will commit six days per year to training local businesses and community members.
The store’s unique features include:
- Homeware: The large 12,000 sq ft Home department will allow customers to browse M&S’s extensive soft furnishing, furniture and accessories collection. With an inspirational environment to shop for products, the department will feature the latest M&S ranges to help customers create a living room, kitchen or bathroom to suit their style.
- Beauty: The new Beauty department will offer an extensive range of M&S’s own-brand products, along with some of the world’s leading and exclusive beauty brands such as Nuxe (France), Murad (USA) and Monotheme (Italy), all of which have been handpicked by M&S experts.
- Womenswear: The Womenswear section will include all M&S brands, including Autograph, M&S Collection, per una, Indigo and Limited ranges, showcasing the latest Autumn/Winter 14 collections. The Lingerie department will benefit from a fitting room suite, completing the women’s fashion offering.
- Mens & Kidswear: The Menswear department will include the North Coast range, along with Autograph, Blue Harbour and Collezione. There will be an all year round school shop, along with a larger selection of kidswear ranges.
- Café: As well as a great place to shop, M&S Wolstanton Retail Park will have a large Café providing seating for over 200 people. Serving delicious, freshly-made dishes using ingredients from the Food hall, it will be a destination for customers looking to have a break during their shop. The Café, which will be using locally sourced crockery, will offer customers views of The Potteries while they enjoy hot and cold seasonal dishes, tempting desserts, sandwiches and an extensive selection of drinks and Fairtrade tea and coffee.
- Food: The store’s modern 10,000 sq ft Food hall will showcase the quality and freshness of M&S food, with customers able to choose their favourites from more than 7,000 products. An in-store Bakery will offer a range of specialty breads and pastries, freshly baked each day, and the wine department will benefit from a specialist wine advisor.
In addition, the store will offer the popular Shop Your Way service, giving customers the choice of ordering from M&S.com in-store or online, with the added benefit of free next day in-store delivery and collection. Customers will benefit from longer opening hours and free car parking.
Store Manager, Ricky Horner, said: “We can’t wait for customers to see the new store and all its exciting features. The new store will bring the best of M&S under one roof, with bigger fashion ranges, a new Beauty department and one of the largest Homeware sections in the region. Shoppers will be able to select their favourite M&S products from the Food Hall and relax in the new M&S Café, overlooking the Potteries. We hope customers can join us on November 19th to celebrate the opening.”