“Take a little walk to the edge of town…” The hit series is releasing the first ever soundtrack – find out all the details and full track list below
Fans of the massively popular BAFTA-winning Peaky Blinders are no doubt still mourning the end of the latest and fifth season of the BBC drama which wrapped up in September. Especially seeing as the next installment is not likely to hit screens until 2021.
But all is not lost. This Friday (15 November), UMC will release the first ever official soundtrack to the series.
The 49-track, 2CD, 3LP, album, features a previously unreleased rendition of the show’s iconic theme song by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Red Right Hand. Only available on this release, the track was recorded specifically for the show by PJ Harvey and has already been picked up by BBC Radio 6 Music.
But it’s not just the low tones of Nick Cave’s vocals in the opening theme tune that have become synonymous with the BBC’s Birmingham-based flagship gangster drama centred around Tommy Shelby, his family and their somewhat dubious business practices. Alongside the atmospheric opener, all the songs featured in the show have been chosen to reflect the feel of the programme, which was inspired by a real group of gangsters in post WW1 Birmingham, from the violence and grit to the glamour.
Also exclusively on the album are Jehnny Beth’s I’m The Man and Anna Calvi’s series 5 score, You’re Not God, along with Richard Hawley’s (Bob Dylan) Ballad of A Thin Man on CD and vinyl for the first time. The album is completed by songs from Nick Cave himself, Arctic Monkeys, The White Stripes, Royal Blood, The Last Shadow Puppets, Queens of the Stone Age, Black Sabbath, David Bowie, Laura Marling, and Foals amongst others.
Peaky Blinders is currently available on BBC’s iPlayer and on Netflix. The soundtrack will be available on 2CD, 3LP and digital. Available to pre-order: https://UMC.lnk.to/PeakyBlinders.
1. Tommy: ‘It’s Not A Good Idea…’
2. Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds – Red Right Hand
3. The White Stripes – St James Infirmary Blues
4. Truce – From ‘Peaky Blinders’ Original Soundtrack / Series 1 (Score)
5. Tommy: ‘Right I Have Bought You Hear Today…’
6. Dan Auerbach – The Prowl
7. Polly: ‘There’s Only One Thing…’
8. Jack White – Love Is Blindness
9. PJ Harvey – To Bring You My Love
10. Alfie: ‘I’ve Heard Very Bad, Bad, Bad Things…’
11. Black Rebel Motorcycle – River Styx
12. Post Irish Meeting – From ‘Peaky Blinders’ Original Soundtrack / Series 2 (Score)
13. PJ Harvey – Red Right Hand
14. Laura Marling – What He Wrote
15. Arthur: ‘Do You Wanna Tell ‘Em…’
16. Royal Blood – Come On Over
17. Arctic Monkeys – Do I Wanna Know?
18. Tommy: ‘I Love You…’
19. Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds – Breathless
20. Radiohead – You And Whose Army?
21. Polly: ‘A Woman Of Substance…’
22. PJ Harvey – This Is Love
23. Sons – From ‘Peaky Blinders’ Original Soundtrack / Series 3 (Score)
24. Tommy: ‘You Can Change What You Do…’
25. Queens Of The Stone Age – Burn The Witch
26. The Last Shadow Puppets – Bad Habits
27. David Bowie – Lazarus
1. Tommy: ‘Sex, Freedom, Whiskey Sours…’
2. Savages – Adore
3. Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds – The Mercy Seat (Live From KCRW)
4. Rachel Unthank & The Winterset – I Wish
5. Ballad Of Polly Gray – From ‘Peaky Blinders’ Original Soundtrack / Series 4 (Score)
6. Tommy: ‘I’m Not A Traitor To My Class…’
7. Frank Carter And The Rattlesnakes – Devil Inside Me
8. Foals – Snake Oil
9. Polly: ‘It’s In Our Gypsy Blood…’
10. Radiohead – Pyramid Song
11. Laura Marling – A Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall
12. Ada: ‘So, Tommy Shelby, MP…’
13. Black Sabbath – The Wizard
14. Anna Calvi – Papi Pacify
15. Joy Division – Atmosphere
16. Tommy: ‘You Need To Understand…’
17. Anna Calvi – You’re Not God
18. Arthur: ‘There’s A Bentley Outside…’
19. Jehnny Beth – I’m The Man
20. Idles – Never Fight A Man With A Perm
21. Tommy: ‘I Will Continue…’
22. Richard Hawley – Ballad Of A Thin Man
Join us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or sign up to our monthly newsletter to keep up-to-date with all the latest news, reviews, events, competitions and more from Staffordshire Living. Or have your say on this article by commenting below.